Abyssins were a sentient species of cycloptic bipeds native to the planet Byss. Their physical characteristics included a swarthy greenish skin, green and white hair, and a single slit-pupilled eye. They also had the ability to regenerate missing limbs and could live to be three hundred years old. Some of them had three claw-tipped digits on each hand, while others had four human-like fingers. Jackar Bowmani, a male Abyssin, worked in the Jedi Temple as a munitions expert during the Clone Wars, while another, Myo, was a patron of Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley when Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first met Han Solo and Chewbacca shortly before the Battle of Yavin.
Behind the scenesEdit
An Abyssin first appeared in the 1977 movie Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The name "Abyssin" itself was only coined in the Legends roleplaying game sourcebook Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races in 1984. The first canon source to use the species's name was the reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations, released in 2016. Although the name was misspelt as "Abbysin" in that book, author Jason Fry has confirmed this is merely a typo.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage" (Arm only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- "The Kloo Horn Cantina Caper"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Poe Dameron 9: The Gathering Storm, Part II
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Five (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (First identified as Abyssin)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Misspelt as "Abbysin")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Shryo"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- ↑ screenshot) . "@LelalMekha Typo" (