As the largest reptavian on the planet, its size meant that the accipiptero was only able to fly freely in the upper levels of the jungle, where they preyed upon canopy dwellers, such as Bogwings and Jubba birds.
These creatures rarely ventured to lower levels, and had to stay relatively close to their nests to protect them from creatures who would prey on their young. Ironically the same creatures the accipiptero preyed upon, preyed upon the accipiptero in turn.
- Star Wars Adventures: Luke Skywalker and the Treasure of the Dragonsnakes (First appearance)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (DAG11, Dagobah - Animals)