Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ships, or Acclamator-class assault ships, more commonly called Republic assault ships, were military warships utilized by the Galactic Republic for ferrying clone troopers across the galaxy. They were first deployed at the Battle of Geonosis after transporting the clone army from Kamino, and subsequently carried the Grand Army of the Republic from Coruscant to the various arenas of the Clone Wars, a conflict in which they would see extensive use. Unlike many ships of its size, the Acclamator-class could land on the surface of planets to deploy its forces.
The Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ship was developed by Rothana Heavy Engineering, a subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards and was designed in a dagger-shaped fashion, akin to the Venator-class Star Destroyer. It was manned by a minimum crew of 700 staff, and could ferry upwards of 16,000 clone troopers and countless AT-TEs, Republic gunships, speeder bikes, and SPHA-Ts. In order to monitor ground movements and coordinate attacks, each clone trooper held a tracking device in their helmet that allowed controllers on Acclamator-class ships to better establish a picture of the combat zone. Their versatility and role as a troop transport proved essential during the Clone Wars.
In order to defend itself against space-based attacks, the ship was armed with twelve quad laser turrets, along with twenty-four laser cannons and four missile launchers. It was also equipped with extraordinarily fast hyperdrive engines. A notable weakness, as displayed during the Battle of Ryloth, was that Separatist proton cannons could easily penetrate the shields of an Acclamator-class assault ship.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Acclamator-class assault ship)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy (First identified as Acclamator-class transgalactic military assault ship)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; image #1 (of 15)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"