| Chronological and political information
- "May the Force be with us."
- ―Admiral Ackbar
He became the foremost military commander of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, becoming a symbol of defiance against the Galactic Empire's subjugation of non-Humans and attracting major Mon Calamari support for the Rebels, thereby supplying the Mon Calamari star cruisers that made up the majority of the Rebel fleet.
From his ship Home One, Ackbar acted as fleet commander during the Battle of Endor, evading the Imperial trap of an unexpectedly operational Death Star II. Lando Calrissian led the starfighters, which eventually destroyed the Death Star from within. Ackbar reacted to the Rebels' triumph with a sigh of relief.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Blade Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 149–150 (Mentioned only)
- Ackbar on Wikipedia
- "Being Admiral Ackbar: Berkeley man reflects on brush with Star Wars" - interview with Ackbar actor Eric Bauerfeld
- It's a Trap!. YTMND wiki.