Acklays were part crustacean and part reptilian creatures with deadly sharp claw-like legs and pointed fangs from the planet Vendaxa. They were strong enough to smash a stone pillar to the ground. The acklay was one of the three creatures released in the Geonosis execution arena to proceed the execution of Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, with the acklay targeting Kenobi. This Acklay found death there.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Acklays had grappling hands, razor-sharp teeth, hardened skin-covered claws, stretchy stomachs, and protective bony nodules. They lived underwater, but came on land to hunt the plains of Vendaxa for lemnai.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain" (Indirect mention only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Journey Through Space
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations