It was a modest upgrade of the older Action IV transport's design. Action V freighters couldn't carry as much cargo as the newer Action VI transports, but were also less expensive, and could be found throughout the galaxy in the ownership of private individuals and freelance traders.
The Action V was the most popular of the series, despite the fact that its Class 4 hyperdrive was slower than the Class 3 used in both its predecessor and successor.
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising
- The Last Command
- Vision of the Future (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- "Smuggler's Log"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Flashpoint! Brak Sector
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Black Sands of Socorro
- The Far Orbit Project
- Ships of the Smuggler's Alliance"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "