Adi Gallia was a female Tholothian Jedi Master who sat on the Jedi High Council during the Clone Wars. She was a General in the Grand Army of the Republic and fought many battles over the course of the war.
Gallia was sent to rescue her fellow Jedi Master, Eeth Koth, when the Force-sensitive Zabrak was captured by General Grievous. She later assisted Obi-Wan Kenobi in his investigation of Darth Maul and Savage Opress, a pair of Nightbrothers that used the dark side of the Force to wreak havoc in the Outer Rim Territories. Gallia was killed by Opress when she teamed up with Kenobi to duel the horned siblings on Florrum.
Adi Gallia was born into a high-ranking, diplomatic family stationed on Coruscant. A Force-sensitive individual, she was discovered by the Jedi Order and became a Jedi Master. Gallia earned a position on the Jedi Council, and she warned her colleagues of the Trade Federation's suspicious activities in the Naboo system.
The Invasion of NabooEdit
Gallia was present when Qui-Gon Jinn went to the Jedi Temple to report an attack by a mysterious warrior whom he believed to be a Sith Lord to the Jedi Council. Jinn also requested that a boy he found on Tatooine, Anakin Skywalker, was to be trained as a Jedi, as Jinn believed he was the Chosen One. Gallia, along with the rest of the Jedi Council, was skeptical of these claims, and denied Skywalker training because he was too old. After Jinn's death at the hands of Darth Maul, Gallia and the Council agreed to allow Obi-Wan Kenobi to train Skywalker as his apprentice to fulfill Jinn's dying wish.
The Separatist CrisisEdit
Adi Gallia continued to serve the Jedi Council during the Separatist Crisis. She and her colleagues approved Obi-Wan Kenobi's investigation of the bounty hunter Jango Fett, as well as Anakin Skywalker's mission to protect Senator Padmé Amidala from those who sought to assassinate her.
The Clone WarsEdit
Gallia was a member of the Jedi assault team Mace Windu took with him to Geonosis in a successful attempt to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Padmé Amidala, who were sentenced to die by Count Dooku in Petranaki arena. Gallia survived what would go down in galactic history as the first battle of the Clone Wars, and she went on to become a Jedi General in the Grand Army of the Republic.
Rescuing Eeth KothEdit
When Eeth Koth was captured by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Adi Gallia went with Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi to rescue him. The Jedi discovered Koth's location on Saleucami, and upon arrival Kenobi engaged General Grievous while Skywalker and Gallia boarded Grievous' ship to save Koth. Though the Jedi had planned to capture Grievous while he was engaging with Kenobi on Kenobi's crusier, Grievous managed to escape from the Jedi. Grievous' escape pod had landed on the surface of Saleucami, and while Skywalker and Kenobi went down to the planet to pursue Grievous, Gallia took Koth to a medical frigate.
Aftermath of the Devaron massacreEdit
Along with Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Adi Gallia examined the corpses of Jedi Master Halsey and his Padawan, Knox, after Delta Squad returned them to the Jedi Temple. Gallia theorized the deaths were caused by Asajj Ventress, but she knew Dooku's assassin was believed to have been killed during the battle of Sullust.
The Battle of Lola SayuEdit
Adi Gallia went with Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Saesee Tiin to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi and his team from Lola Sayu. Gallia, Fisto, and Tiin took on the blockade around the planet while Koon saved Kenobi and his surviving forces. Fleeing the Citadel, the Jedi returned to Coruscant.
Captured by GrievousEdit
Gallia's Jedi cruiser was attacked by a Separatist fleet under the command of General Grievous. Gallia battled the cyborg when he boarded her cruiser, but she was defeated and captured. She watched as Grievous attacked a pirate ship. Gallia was soon rescued by Plo Koon, "Wolffe," and the Wolfpack; again, Grievous escaped before he could be taken into custody.
Skirmish on Florrum and deathEdit
Gallia later aided Obi-Wan Kenobi as he searched the Outer Rim for Darth Maul, a restored Sith Lord, and Savage Opress, his brother. The Jedi tracked their targets to Florrum, and they aided the pirate Hondo Ohnaka in a battle against them. Gallia was slain by Savage Opress. Her death opened up a seat on the Jedi council which was filled by Jedi Master Coleman Kcaj.
Personality and traitsEdit
While she was not as reckless as Anakin Skywalker, Adi Gallia did not mind bringing a fight to her enemies. She had a reputation for aggressiveness and was a strict, focused woman. Gallia criticized the outrageous tactics of others, such as Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and she was a valuable source of intelligence for the Senate.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Adi Gallia was voiced by Angelique Perrin in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. There are two conflicting sources regarding Gallia's home world: Ultimate Star Wars claims she hails from Tholoth, while Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know and Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded state she is from Coruscant. At the same time, the old Encyclopedia on StarWars.com listed Gallia's height as 1.74 meters. Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded says she stands at 1.84 meters. Since the Encyclopedia on StarWars.com is no longer readily available, this article assumes the latter height is correct.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons" (Appears as a hologram in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny" (Vision to Yoda)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know