Jedi Master Adi Gallia created the lightsaber upon being elevated to the rank of Jedi Knight and possessed it after she was made a Jedi Master and eventually a member on the Jedi High Council, wielding it on many battlefronts, including Troiken in the Stark Hyperspace War in 44 BBY and the galaxy-wide conflict known as the Clone Wars in 22 BBY until her murder by Savage Opress on Florrum in 20 BBY.
Gallia wielded the lightsaber with a green blade in her years of service as a Knight circa 75 BBY, then in her years as a master she switched the crystal to red in 60 BBY to produce a crimson blade. In 21 BBY, the lightsaber's crystal was azure blue and would remain that color. Gallia wielded the blue lightsaber above Saleucami when the Republic attempted to save Master Eeth Koth from General Grievous. After Koth was rescued, she crossed blades with the cyborg General without being killed, meaning she was one of the few to survive an encounter with him. She later dueled Grievous aboard her flagship, but was captured, with Grievous claiming her lightsaber as a trophy. Gallia was soon rescued by Jedi Master Plo Koon and his Wolfpack squad, and she recovered her saber from the cyborg.
Master Gallia would later wield the weapon alongside fellow Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi when the two battled the two brothers, Darth Maul and Savage Opress, but she was no match for the sheer brute strength of Savage Opress, who gored her with his horns before killing the Jedi Master with his lightsaber. Later, Master Kenobi used Gallia's lightsaber to confront the brothers, wielding it in conjunction with his own, where he managed to partially avenge it's murdered owner by using the weapon to cut Opress's arm off.
Behind The ScenesEdit
While this weapon is the only known lightsaber wielded by Adi Gallia, its said in the Episode I Encyclopedia sourcebook that she had a prior weapon which was lost on a mission, making this her second lightsaber.
- Jedi Apprentice: The Fight for Truth
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dangerous Rescue
- Secrets of the Jedi
- "Yaddle's Tale: The One Below"—Star Wars Tales 5
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 2
- Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles (First appearance)
- Star Wars 13: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 1
- Star Wars 14: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 2
- Star Wars 15: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 3
- Star Wars 16: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 4
- Star Wars 28: The Hunt for Aurra Sing, Part 1
- Star Wars 30: The Hunt for Aurra Sing, Part 3
- Star Wars 31: The Hunt for Aurra Sing, Part 4
- Star Wars 37: The Stark Hyperspace War, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 38: The Stark Hyperspace War, Part 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 39: The Stark Hyperspace War, Part 4 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 41: The Devaronian Version, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Special Edition (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Adi Gallia) (Picture only)