The rank of Admiral of the Fleet was held by naval commanders at several points in history.
During the Galactic Civil War, the rank was borne by the Mon Calamari Gial Ackbar, denoting his position as senior Admiral and Supreme Commander of the Fleet under the Rebel Alliance and New Republic.
When the Sullustan Sien Sovv replaced Ackbar as Supreme Commander in around 25 ABY, he adopted the title Fleet Admiral instead. By the time of the Battle of Ylesia, the title had also been awarded to at least one other senior flag officer, the Bothan Admiral Traest Kre'fey. New Republic Fleet Admirals were apparently distinguished by having the hulls of their flagships painted pure white.
- The Admiral's List: Remember Serroco! Edition
- The Admiral's List: Karath Home Safely
- Before the Storm
- Shield of Lies
- Tyrant's Test
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, First Edition
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide