Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Admiral Jimas Veltraa, who perished in the defense of Taris against the surprise advance of Mandalorian forces along three fronts (now known by the popular media as 'The Onslaught'), was memorialized in a service at Admiralty Plaza on Coruscant."
- ―An article in The Admiral's List
Admiralty Plaza was a plaza on the planet Coruscant that housed the Admiralty of the Republic Navy during the time of the Mandalorian Wars. Each admiral in the Republic Navy had their own office at Admiralty Plaza, and orders were issued out to the Navy from there. In 3964 BBY, Admiralty Plaza was the site of the memorial service of Admiral Jimas Veltraa, who had been killed in action defending the Outer Rim world of Taris from Mandalorian siege.
Admiralty Plaza was a square on the Galactic Republic capital world of Coruscant, that housed the Admiralty of the Republic Navy during the era of the Mandalorian Wars. Regardless of rank, each admiral in the Republic Navy received an office at Admiralty Plaza and a full clerical staff—from there, the Admiralty issued directives to the rest of the Navy.
- "Upon arrival at Admiralty Plaza, sources report that the Admiral immediately submitted his resignation over the loss of Battle Group Serroco and flagship Courageous. The Admiral of the Fleet promptly refused to accept the resignation, instead convoking a private briefing for the Admiral and his companions. Afterward, the Admiral of the Fleet publicly commended Karath's performance."
- ―An article in The Admiral's List
In 3964 BBY, the Mandalorian warrior clans kicked off their war with the Republic in earnest, commencing a major offensive aimed at the Outer Rim ecumenopolis of Taris. With the shattering of the Jebble-Vanquo-Tarnith line meant to defend the world, Admiral Jimas Veltraa reformed the Republic Navy's scattered Outer Rim forces and did battle with the Mandalorians above Taris. Veltraa was killed in action, however, and was memorialized in a service at Admiralty Plaza. The war was finally underway, and military production kicked into overdrive—with the yards at Rendili churning out a Hammerhead-class cruiser every ten days, there were more career opportunities in the Republic Navy than ever before. Soon, Admiralty Plaza, once considered to be merely a retirement home for over-the-hill spacers, became a heavily desired posting. A later campaign in the war saw a massive Republic defeat at Serroco where Rear Admiral Saul Karath narrowly escaped death at Mandalorian hands, and eventually limped back to Coruscant. After arriving at Admiralty Plaza, Karath immediately tendered his resignation to the Admiral of the Fleet, although it was not accepted. Afterward, the Admiral of the Fleet publicly commended Karath for his bravery.
Each admiral in the Republic Navy, including the Admiral of the Fleet, had an office and a clerical staff at Admiralty Plaza at the time of the Mandalorian Wars. There were other naval personnel stationed at Admiralty Plaza, and it had become quite the desirable posting during the war.
Behind the scenesEdit
Admiralty Plaza was first mentioned in The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition, an in-universe news report appearing on the last page of the comic issue Knights of the Old Republic 13: Days of Fear, Part 1, written by John Jackson Miller and released in 2007. Admiralty Plaza was mentioned again in The Admiral's List: Karath Home Safely, a similar news report in a later issue of the Knights of the Old Republic series, and again in the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.
- The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition (First mentioned)
- The Admiral's List: Karath Home Safely