- "...Satine Kryze had been sent offworld as a child by her father, a mighty clan warlord, and she fell prey to the lies of the Jedi. After her father perished in the Great Clan Wars, she betrayed his memory by becoming the leader of the New Mandalorians."
- ―Tor Vizsla
Duke Adonai Kryze was a Human male Mandalorian, who served as the chieftain of Clan Kryze in the years leading up to the Great Clan Wars. As the fighting broke out across Mandalore, Kryze chose to send his daughter, Satine, to the Galactic Republic capital world of Coruscant, in order to keep her safe and allow her to undergo diplomatic training. Though he was renowned as a powerful warlord, Kryze eventually perished in the course of the Great Clan Wars. In a move that some saw as a betrayal of his memory, his daughter Satine later joined the pacifistic New Mandalorian sect upon her return to Mandalore, becoming the faction's leader.
Behind the scenesEdit
The father of Duchess Satine Kryze was first mentioned in the 2013 young reader's book Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy, a tie-in to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series, authored by Jason Fry as a novelization of the show's fifth season episodes "Revival," "Eminence," "Shades of Reason," and "The Lawless." Further mention of Kryze's father and his role in Mandalorian history came later that year, in the source booked entitled The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett, written by Fry in conjunction with Daniel Wallace and Ryder Windham. The thirty-second issue of Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon magazine, published in 2014, finally provided the formerly nameless character an identity in the form of Adonai Kryze.
- The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy (First mentioned)
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 32 (Guide to the Galaxy: The History of Mandalore) (First identified as Adonai Kryze)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 32 (Guide to the Galaxy: The History of Mandalore)
- ↑ The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett indicates that the Great Clan Wars began around the time of the Battle of Galidraan, which Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force dates to 44 BBY.
- ↑ In "Voyage of Temptation," Obi-Wan Kenobi states that he spent a year on Mandalore during his apprenticeship as a Padawan, which lasted from 44 BBY to 32 BBY per The New Essential Chronology. As stated in The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy, the end of that year roughly coincided with the end of the Great Clan Wars, meaning that the conflict must have ended prior to 32 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Adonai Kryze's daughter, Satine, was described as Human in Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia, which implies both her parents were also Human.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett