Af'El was the homeworld to the Defel, whom dwelt in underground cities. It was a high-gravity planet with no ozone layer, and it orbited the ultraviolet supergiant Ka'Dedus. Because of the lack of ozone, ultraviolet light passed freely to the surface, while other light wavelengths were blocked by the heavy gases in the planet's atmosphere. Thus, all animals on Af'El could only see in ultraviolet light ranges. A main export of the planet was the metal meleenium used in durasteel.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic 3: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- "Murder in Slushtime"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14 (Mentioned only)
- Planet of Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives (First appearance)
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Secrets of the Sisar Run
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Alien Anthology Addendum"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy of Intrigue