Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An afterburner was a component added to the engines of certain atmospheric vehicles.
The afterburner was designed to provide a temporary increase in thrust for situations such as take-off, or, in the case of military vehicles, combat. Additional fuel was injected into the jet pipe downstream of the turbine, and was then ignited by the turbine's exhaust gases, thus providing thrust. Podracers and speeder bikes, such as the Aratech 74-Z were commonly fitted with afterburners.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars 11
- Star Wars 17: Crucible (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 23: Flight Into Fury (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron 1: The Rebel Opposition, Part 1
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars: Episode I Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Afterburner on Wikipedia