|Chronological and political information|
- "I guess I just remember the Clone Wars and how the 'hero' labels were handed out. You'd think a dozen Jedi and two dozen snubby jocks won the whole thing."
- ―Afyon to Wedge Antilles
Captain Afyon was a male Human who served as the commander of the Rebel corvette Eridain, and later the escort frigate Larkhess, which was eventually relegated to cargo transport duties in the New Republic.
A native of the planet Alderaan, Afyon was a veteran of the Clone Wars. He resented the amount of praise given to the Jedi and starfighter jocks, thinking it detracted from the sacrifices made by common soldiers as himself. He later lobbied for Alderaanian demilitarization.
Afyon was off-planet when Alderaan was destroyed and vowed to make the Empire pay for its crimes. He signed up for the Rebel Alliance as a first officer on a Corellian gunship, and worked his way up to Captain. He later captained Eridian during the Battle of Endor.
During the later Galactic Civil War, he felt that Rogue Squadron was being treated the same way the Jedi and pilots from the Clone Wars had been, with the same effect towards the other soldiers. During the Thrawn campaign, Afyon was one of the few who saw Borsk Fey'lya's support for the military for what it really was, a political bid for power.
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia