- "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Age of the Empire took place from the Proclamation of the New Order at the end of the Clone Wars in 19 BBY  - the transition of the democratic Galactic Republic into the autocratic Galactic Empire - until the death of Galactic Emperor Sheev Palpatine at the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY. The era was characterized by the implementation of Emperor Palpatine's political program, referred to as the New Order. Although the Emperor did bring peace to the galaxy as he had promised, that result was achieved through brutal repression. As a result, the also saw the birth of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, whose members sought to overthrow Palpatine and restore democracy to the galaxy. It ended at the same time as the Galactic Civil War, when the Empire lost the Battle of Jakku and signed the Galactic Concordance with the Alliance, now reorganized into a New Republic.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Lords of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Lost Stars
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 A New Dawn
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy