Agen Kolar was a member of the Jedi Order in the Galactic Republic. In addition to being a member of the Order, Kolar was a Zabrak Jedi Master, a notable duelist, and also sat on the Jedi High Council. He was killed by Darth Sidious in a lightsaber duel.
Battle of GeonosisEdit
Agen Kolar participated in the Battle of Geonosis, the conflict that sparked the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Separatist Alliance. As a participant, he was a member of the Jedi assault team assembled by fellow Jedi High Council member Mace Windu to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Padmé Amidala from being executed by the Separatists. During the battle, Kolar's padawan Tan Yuster was overwhelmed by B2 super battle droids and killed. The Jedi Master recovered the blue kyber crystal from his fallen apprentice's lightsaber and later added it to his own as an homage.
Discussions on the Jedi CouncilEdit
Kolar took part in many important discussions such as when Supreme Chancellor Palpatine reported that General Grievous was hiding on Utapau and suggested that they dispatch Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. The Council instead dispatched Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.
During the final days of the war, Kolar was part of another team assembled by Windu, this time to arrest Palpatine—who, up until that point, had secretly been Darth Sidious, the Dark Lord of the Sith. Of the four Jedi Masters sent to arrest the Dark Lord, Kolar was the first to be killed. The other three Masters also perished, and Sidious transformed the Republic into the Galactic Empire and destroyed the Jedi Order.
Personality and traitsEdit
Agen Kolar was known to strike first and ask questions later. He was also considered a valuable member of the Jedi Council. Mace Windu had a high opinion of Kolar's combat skills, which led to Windu recruiting him to attempt to arrest Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Kolar built his lightsaber in such a way that it used dual crystals, which allowed the color of the lightsaber to be either blue or green. He was also a master swordsman of the Jedi Order, and his lightsaber skills were widely celebrated and renowned. Despite Kolar's reputation, however, Darth Sidious was able to slay the Zabrak Jedi with a single blow.
Behind the scenesEdit
Agen Kolar was first created by Star Wars creator George Lucas, who originally intended for Kolar to be the character Eeth Koth in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.[source?] Kolar was created as a new character for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.[source?] He went on to appear in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, and he appeared in a vision in "Voices," an episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It is however the model of Eeth Koth that is used during the brief scene.[source?]
- 5-Minute Star Wars Stories Strike Back
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Vision to Yoda)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Tarkin (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (First identified as Agen Kolar)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary, Updated Edition (Picture only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Big Bang"