Designed and precision optimized for combat and patrol duties, the Aggressor was a fast and highly maneuverable ship that blurred the lines between starfighter and a larger system patrol craft. Easily identifiable by its insectile shape, the Aggressor was characterized by a thin V-shaped twin-decked hull, and articulated S-foils mounted port and starboard. These S-foils acted as high-precision control surfaces, and made use of ailerons and maneuvering thrusters in conjunction with variable positioning to give the craft extremely high maneuverability. The front of the craft was dominated by two flat mandibles, which served the purpose of housing some of the crafts weaponry, as well as acting as magnetic docking clamps.
Sporting a single Kuat Drive Yards Sol-Mk. VI ion engine that provided enormous acceleration, the Aggressor performed so well that Trilon designers found it necessary to add safety limiters and layers of Inertial dampeners to keep pilots conscious during high-speed maneuvers. These safety features worsened the craft's handling noticeably, but were necessary to keep pilots from incapacitating themselves. At the pilot's discretion, these safeties could be manually deactivated to drastically improve the craft's handling, but anyone aboard would be subjected to tremendous inertial strain - though droids and organics fitted with certain cybernetics were more or less immune to these effects.
Extremely modifiable, the Aggressor had three stock hardpoints for customization, though IG-88 showed the versatility of the Aggressor design by modifying the craft to its absolute limits. Under the direction of IG-88, the infamous Aggressor fighter IG-2000 had its engine replaced with a Galaxy-15 ion engine from a EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate, and was powered by three tandem Quadex power cores that fed directly into the ship's drives; further, the ship was modified with heavy shields, enhanced targeting arrays, and heavy armaments.
Aggressor assault fighters were used by Mandalorian Protectors during the Second Battle of Fondor and by Jedi turned Mandalorian Bardan Jusik. The Aggressor was also used (quite famously) by the assassin droid IG-88 as his personal vessel in its bounty hunting.
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Imperial Commando: 501st
- Star Wars Missions 11: Bounty Hunters vs. Battle Droids (Modified)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88
- Shadows of the Empire comic (First appearance)
- A Barve Like That: The Tale of Boba Fett (Appears in flashback(s))
- Boba Fett: A Practical Man
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire toy line
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Harbingers of Doom"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – StarViper Expansion Pack (Card: Inertial Dampeners) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: IG-2000)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: IG-88A—Aggressor)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: IG-88B—Aggressor)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: IG-88C—Aggressor)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: IG-88D—Aggressor)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: Inertial Dampeners) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: "Mangler" Cannon)
- No Disintegrations
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 No Disintegrations (Fantasy Flight Games)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels