In the years before the Battle of Yavin, Ahsoka Tano used two white lightsabers as her personal weapons. The lightsabers, which were white in color and had somewhat curving hilts, replaced the lightsabers she previously used before leaving the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars and were wielded in the unorthodox reverse-grip of her preferred Shien style. One of these lightsabers was a shoto lightsaber, which emitted a shorter blade.
Tano obtained the kyber crystals used in these lightsabers one year after the end of the Clone Wars, retrieving them from the lightsaber of the Sixth Brother, an Inquisitor she had killed during the Imperial occupation of Raada. Though the crystals originally emitted a red blade, she purified them from the darkness tainting them. The hilts of the lightsabers were originally created from pieces of scrap metal that Tano had acquired over the year since the fall of the Republic, but were later modified to be more functional and decorative.
She first used these two lightsabers to defend herself against troops on Raada as she evacuated refugees from the moon, and later used them as a member of a rebel movement that fought in opposition to the Galactic Empire. Other uses of her lightsabers included a duel against two other Imperial Inquisitors: the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister, as well as another duel during the mission to Malachor which included the Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister, Eighth Brother, Maul, and Darth Vader.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ahsoka's white lightsabers first appeared in the TV episode "Fire Across the Galaxy", the season one finale for Star Wars Rebels. According to Dave Filoni, one of the show's creators, the lightsaber blades are white to reflect her non-affiliation with the Jedi or Sith.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "A Disarming Lesson"
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- "Ocean Rescue"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 12
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Ancient Rivals (Card: Ahsoka's Lightsabers)
- Star Wars: Destiny – Empire at War (Card: )
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)