|Air-2 racing swoop|
At 1.9 to 2.4 meters long, the Air-2 could achieve speeds of 600 kilometers per hour and heights upward of 1,000 meters. Because of its smaller size along with the powerful repulsorlift engines, it is not so easily piloted. There are controls at the handlebars as well as knee and foot pedals—on top of which the pilot must shift his weight for most maneuvers.
Designed by TaggeCo during the Clone Wars, Air-2 saw huge sales during the first few decades of production. With podracing outlawed, swoop racing replaced it and Air-2 was perfect for sport flying. It was also popular with members of swoop gangs on various planets.
- Tempest Feud
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Last Stand on Ord Mantell 1
- "Cloak and Vibroblade"
- Han Solo's Revenge (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Special Edition)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Essential Chronology (Picture only)
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Special Ops: The Vehicle Ace"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Air-2 Racing Swoop)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 66 (Swoop Bikes)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide