Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An airlock was a structure built into most starships and space stations that allowed beings to enter or exit pressurized atmospheres from the vacuum of space, or sometimes, into high pressure ocean depths. A user would enter the pressurized airlock wearing a space suit, and both exits would be sealed. At this point, the airlock could be safely depressurized so the user could exit the craft. Airlocks were sometimes used for executions as well.
Some ships had airlocks as interior components, such as the prisoner cells aboard Zuckuss's ship, the Mist Hunter. Because Zuckuss would commonly keep his ship pumped full of ammonia, the prisoner cells had airlocks so that they could be filled with oxygen, which would prevent the captured bounty from suffocating, all the while leaving Zuckuss unaffected.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Wanted by Cracken
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- "Rebel Privateers!"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- Stock Ships
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Scum and Villainy
- Galaxy at War
- The Unknown Regions
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Fly Casual
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- Airlock on Wikipedia