Akim's Munch was a street cafe located in Mos Espa. Despite often serving undercooked and stringy food, that cafe had its regulars, including Sebulba, a renowned Podracer. Before his defeat in the Boonta Eve Classic, Sebulba often hung out here, bragging of his victories to the great delight of his fans. Quinlan Vos was sitting in the cafe in 32 BBY when Jar Jar Binks was attacked by Sebulba and subsequently saved by Anakin Skywalker.
It sometimes hosted a Bith band and the Jawa musician Tili Tili. Notable patrons were an Ithorian, a Mon Calamari, a Morseerian, a being with two heads, and a brick red-colored beaked being. Around the year 32 BBY, a young Jedi recruit visited the cantina to record songs for the the benefit of Anakin Skywalker.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Jar Jar's Mistake
- Catch That Pit Droid!
- Star Wars: Yoda's Challenge Activity Center
- Star Wars 20: Twilight, Part 2 (Vision to Quinlan Vos)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I (First identified as Akim's Munch)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 28 (SEB2, Sebulba)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia