Less than 1 million
Discovered circa 1000 BBY by Galactic Republic scouts, Akrit'tar remained a barren world, absorbed by the Hutt Empire after the New Sith Wars ended. A part of Hutt Space until the formation of the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY, an Imperial prison was established on the world for the safe keeping of political enemies of the Empire.
Of the many residents of Akrit'tar's prisons one of Han Solo's former smuggling associates, Tregga, was sentenced to a life of hard labor after being caught with a smuggled cargo of chak-root. Rogue Squadron pilot Tycho Celchu was also held here after a failed attempt at "brainwashing," on the Lusankya, escaping three months later.
- Han Solo's Revenge (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Side Trip (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force