- "For an illuminating example of pan-species cooperation, don't miss the moon of Alchenaut, where palm-sized furballs that I named o'cerrys act as a predator warning system for thousands of other herbivores."
- ―An excerpt from The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force, by Jedi biologist Bowspritz
Alchenaut was a moon located within the galaxy's Expansion Region. It was home to the herbivorous creatures o'cerrys, which were known for warning other herbivores when a predator approached. The Jedi biologist Bowspritz noted Alchenaut and the o'cerrys in the book The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.
Alchenaut was an Expansion Region moon that was located in the Alchenaut system of the Alchenaut sector and also lay within the region known as the Western Reaches. The moon had a rich ecosystem that provided habitat for numerous non-sentient herbivorous species, as well as at least one predator. Among the former were the o'cerrys, which cooperated with thousands of other herbivores by warning them whenever a predator approached.
At some point prior to the year 990 BBY Alchenaut was visited by the Jedi biologist Bowspritz, who studied the moon's animal life and named the o'cerrys in the process. Viewing them as an enlightening occurrence of collaboration between species, Bowspritz included the o'cerrys, along with a mention of Alchenaut, in the "Galactic Bestiary" section of the Jedi trainee guidebook The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.
Behind the scenesEdit
Alchenaut was first mentioned in the 2010 reference book The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force by Daniel Wallace. In September 2012, the Alchenaut system was added in the Online Appendix of The Essential Atlas at StarWars.com. Co-authored by Wallace and Jason Fry, The Essential Atlas is a third-generation Essential Guide focusing on the astrography of the Star Wars universe. The appendix placed the Alchenaut system in the Alchenaut sector of the Expansion Region, at the grid coordinates L-16. Though the moon of Alchenaut is not said to be within the eponymous system in The Jedi Path, Fry has stated that "planets not assigned a system in [a] published source can be assumed to reside in [the] system of [the] same name."
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Alchenaut system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Alchenaut system, and therefore the moon Alchenaut, in grid square L-16, which, according to The Essential Atlas, is located in the Western Reaches region of the galaxy. places the
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- ↑ According to The Jedi Path, the book was first published "a decade or more after the end of the New Sith Wars in 1000 BBY." This is taken here to mean the year 990 BBY.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ screenshot) . "planets not assigned a system in [a] published source can be assumed to reside in [the] system of [the] same name." (