Alcida-Auka was a Lanai female who served as the matron of the Caretakers of temple island on the planet Ahch-To. In the year 34 ABY, she encountered the former scavenger Rey in the Jedi village on the island. The Lanai was scaling a fingerlip garpon with a knife when Rey emerged from the stone hut she was residing in while receiving training from Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, another resident of the island.
Alcida-Auka was a Lanai female who lived in the Caretaker village on temple island on the planet Ahch-To. She inherited the position of matron of the Caretakers, which had previously been held by many of her ancestors. The Caretakers were responsible for the upkeep of the ancient Jedi village on the island, and during Alcida-Auka's tenure as matron, the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker lived as a resident of the village.
In the year 34 ABY, the scavenger Rey traveled to Ahch-To to recruit Skywalker to the Resistance and receive training from him. After Skywalker reluctantly agreed to train Rey, the student began sleeping in one of the stone huts of the Jedi village. After seeing a vision of her adversary Kylo Ren, Rey accidentally blew a hole in the side of the hut and then emerged to find Alcida-Auka and the other Caretakers outside. While two of the other Lanais fussed over trying to repair the hut, the matron scaled a fingerlip garpon using a fish-scaling knife on a clay chopping board in order to prepare a meal for the village as part of her daily routine.
Later, Rey was training with her lightsaber on a cliff, where the young Force-user chopped a rock in half. The rock fell down the cliff and onto a wheelbarrow that Alcida-Auka and a fellow Lanai were using for transport, completely destroying their cart. Alcida-Auka and the other Lanai spotted Rey and glared at her in dismay.
Personality and traitsEdit
Alcida-Auka wore a white habit with a gray rope fastened around her waist as a belt. A necklace bearing a circular stone with an off-center hole in it hung around her neck. She used a clay chopping board and a fish-scaling knife to prepare fish for meals.
Behind the scenesEdit
Alcida-Auka first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The character was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Alcida-Auka)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Activity Book with Stickers
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.