|Chronological and political information|
- "We anticipate his next attack will be in the Hexus system. Go there and reinforce Admiral Aldanna's blockade."
- ―Mace Windu, telling Anakin Skywalker about Tofen Vane's next target
Aldanna was a Republic admiral active during the Clone Wars. Between 22 BBY and 21 BBY, the Republic attempted to establish blockades of neutral worlds that provided military aid to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. As part of this strategy, three Venator-class Star Destroyers under Aldanna's command were dispatched to blockade the Hexus system. Aldanna's forces were attacked by a squadron of Confederate starfighters led by the ace pilot Tofen Vane, but the Republic ultimately won the battle.
Aldanna was an admiral in the Republic Navy during the Clone Wars. During the early years of the war, between 22 BBY and 21 BBY, the people of the planet Valahari joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and the Galactic Republic, in response, established blockades of neutral worlds that supplied military aid to the Confederacy. Aldanna was placed in charge of a blockade of the Hexus system and was given command of three Venator-class Star Destroyers. Soon, however, the Valahari, led by the ace pilot Tofen Vane, began attacking the Republic blockades, crushing all resistance.
When the Jedi Order learned that Vane's next target would be Aldanna's blockade, they sent Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker to help the Admiral withstand the attack. When Vane arrived, Skywalker engaged him in a dogfight while Vane's squadron, Tofen's Raiders, attacked Aldanna's forces. Vane managed to best Skywalker and shoot him down, but ultimately spared his life. Aldanna's ships received major damage, but the timely arrival of Republic reinforcements led by Admiral Wullf Yularen forced the Valahari to retreat.
Behind the scenesEdit
Admiral Aldanna was mentioned in the 2009 comic book Star Wars: The Clone Wars 11: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 2 written by Henry Gilroy and Steven Melching and illustrated by Brian Koschak. Aldanna's species and gender were not specified in the comic.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars 11: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 2 (First mentioned)
Notes and referemcesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars 11: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 2
- ↑ Starting with the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series episode "Heroes on Both Sides," Ahsoka Tano appears in a new outfit, signifying the passage of time in the series. The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 62 (21 BBY 17–18, Defense of Kamino) dates "ARC Troopers" to 21 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 7 (KAT2, King Katuunko) dates "Pursuit of Peace" to 21 BBY. Since places "Heroes on Both Sides" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Heroes on Both Sides" also takes place in 21 BBY. During the events of the Hero of the Confederacy story arc, however, Tano appears in her original costume, placing the events of the comic series before the events of the latter episode. It can therefore be deduced that Hero of the Confederacy takes place at some point after the beginning of the Clone Wars—dated to 22 BBY according to The New Essential Chronology—but not later than "Heroes on Both Sides," set in 21 BBY.