|Alderaan Conference on the Clone War Refugee Crisis|
- "We need legislation to defend the displaced citizens, to protect our soldiers from feeling there is no future beyond their warfare, and we must open channels through diplomacy so that we can end this war. I know that there are those among the Separatists who would end this conflict, and I know that there are those individuals in the galaxy who would seek to promote fear and spread chaos. To those who act as agents of chaos, I say this: I stand resolute and unyielding. And if you strike my voice down, know that a chorus of thousands shall rise up in its place, for you have no dominion over the righteous. We are the defenders of truth."
- ―Senator Amidala's keynote address
The Alderaan Conference on the Clone War Refugee Crisis was led by Senators Padmé Amidala of Naboo and Bail Organa of Alderaan. It was called to address the growing concern over refugees generated by the galactic conflict known as the Clone Wars. It was hosted on the peaceful world of Alderaan by Organa, the planet's Viceroy. It was at the conference that bounty hunter Aurra Sing chose to assassinate Senator Amidala. Sing was hired by Ziro Desilijic Tiure, who wanted revenge for his Republic imprisonment, but her assassination attempt was thwarted by Padawan Ahsoka Tano and the senator herself.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.39 (First identified as Alderaan Conference on the Clone War Refugee Crisis)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 15
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 48 (21 BBY 13–14, Corruption on Mandalore) dates "The Academy" to 21 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 7 (KAT1–2, King Katuunko) dates "Pursuit of Peace" to 21 BBY. Since places "Assassin" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Assassin" also takes place in 21 BBY.