|Points of interest|
- "Great. It's gonna be another one of those planets."
- ―Warthog, upon seeing an Aleena flying a can-cell over Aleen
The inhabitants of Aleen lived both above and beneath the planet's surface. Above ground lived the peaceful Aleena for whom the planet was named. Beneath the surface dwelled the tree-like Kindalo and the mystical being, Orphne. Air became naturally filtered as it fell through the ground, to the point that it was breathable by the Kindalo. Unfiltered surface air poisoned the Kindalo. Likewise, filtered subterranean air was poisonous to the surface dwellers.
Around 21 BBY, the planet began suffering from groundquakes caused by the Kindalo because the seal had been opened under mysterious circumstances. The Kindalo thought the Aleena were responsible and so caused massive groundquakes in retaliation prompting the Galactic Republic to send a squad of clones led by Wolffe also accompanied by C-3PO and R2-D2 for translation, to undergo a relief mission. There, the droids discovered the Underworld and were able to seal the breach and restoring peace. Although the clones were skeptical, the Aleena were overjoyed.
Behind the scenesEdit
Due to the discrepancies between the previous sources and the planet described in The Clone Wars TV series, Jason Fry stated that those Aleen are two different worlds. The old Aleen is now Aleen Minor and the new is Aleen. This was later formalized in The Essential Atlas Online Companion.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 129
- "100 and Counting"—Star Wars Insider 139
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.47