Algara II, also referred to simply as Algara and Algar was a planet in the Algaran system of the Lambda sector, located in the Mid Rim with a population of approximately 1 billion. It was also the homeworld of the Xan. Algara II was orbited by four moons: Kevron, Omakaton, Radeon and Tallakron.
On the planet Algara springs were wet and windy, summers were hot and humid, and winters were cold, with significant amounts of snowfall. Summer temperatures could reach 25 degrees Standard at their zenith, while winter temperatures could drop as low as minus 15 degrees Standard.
The planet was the source the drugs Algarine torve weed and zwil. Zwil was especially addictive to Drovians. It was the base of operations for Wing Tip Theel, an expert slicer and former associate of Lando Calrissian and Han Solo.
Algara II had rules, regulations, and forms governing every conceivable things and activity on the planet. Any off-worlder had to go through several steps in order to set foot on the Algara II. The planet's society was constructed around a rigid class structure. The upper classes got the best services, prices, seats on transportation, etc. Marriages between members of different classes were forbidden, and all sentient native of Algara wore badges identifying their rank in the society.
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 2.29 2.30 2.31 2.32 2.33 2.34 2.35 2.36 2.37 2.38 2.39 2.40 Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 20 ("Algara II"")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states that Algar, a planet mentioned several times in Planet of Twilight is the same as Algara II.