- "My fall from grace was carefully orchestrated. Only a fool would want to be captain of Lord Vader's flagship: The mortality rate is phenomenal."
- ―Alima to Momaw Nadon
He was given the task of subjugating Ithor and leveled much of Ithor's Cathor Hills. For his actions he was given the opportunity of becoming captain of Darth Vader's flagship. Realizing the threat this posed to his life, Alima purposefully got himself demoted to prevent himself from becoming captain.
Afterwards he was placed in charge of locating C-3PO and R2-D2 on Tatooine and discovered Momaw Nadon, his old Ithorian nemesis, in Mos Eisley, and demanded that the Ithorian find the droids, or the Galactic Empire would wipe out his gardens.
After the Millennium Falcon escaped from Tatooine, Nadon told the Imperial Prefect that Alima had ignored Nadon's information regarding the Millennium Falcon. Alima was executed by the Prefect instantly. Nadon, regretting his actions, stole genetic samples of Alima's DNA and cloned the former captain. In keeping with the Law of Life, Nadon made two clones of Alima, in punishment for Alima's actions, and as a reminder of Nadon's.
- Play It Again, Figrin D'an: The Tale of Muftak and Kabe
- The Sand Tender: The Hammerhead's Tale
- Trade Wins: The Ranat's Tale (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy of Fear: Spore (Indirect mention only)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 33 (CAN8-10, Mos Eisley Cantina Characters)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 36
- The Essential Reader's Companion