Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "This is Palpatine's pet project, and it's a good one. He's worked his way through the tangled bureaucracy to get it off the ground. Now any world in peril can petition the Senate directly for funds through one central account. Palpatine claims this will stop the bureaucratic slowdown for relief to troubled worlds."
- ―Tyro Caladian, Senatorial aide
The All Planets Relief Fund was created in 24 BBY by a law that reformed the Galactic Republic's system for assisting worlds, and sought specifically to address the cry of planets imperiled, those in critical need of relief funding. The new legislation, the result of years of steadfast work on the part of many planetary governments, was skillfully drafted by Palpatine, the Republic's Supreme Chancellor, on the capital world of Coruscant.
Soon after the successful passage of the law to create the fund, Palpatine held an inaugural ceremony in Coruscant's Business District to officially open the fund and transfer its collected treasury to a designated vault within the Bank of the Core. The notorious Slam gang attempted during this ceremony, however, to steal the relief fund treasury—an attempt foiled by the Jedi. The heist, however, was actually masterminded by even greater criminal minds, as a diversion from a major operation to assassinate Palpatine and destroy the Galactic Senate and the Jedi Order in a single day.
- "This fund has been the result of years of steady work on the part of many worlds. It is a tribute to the very ideals the Galactic Senate was founded upon originally—cooperation and benevolence."
- ―Palpatine, to Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan, Anakin Skywalker.
The All Planets Relief Fund was established by legislation that Palpatine, the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, authored and saw through to Senate-adoption, when the law passed in 24 BBY, to allow any imperiled world in desperate need of relief funding to directly petition the Galactic Senate for assistance.
Under the new mandate, critical-relief funds would be transferred through one central account. Chancellor Palpatine claimed that the relief fund would help avoid the bureaucratic slowdown experienced under the Republic's present system (which, notwithstanding, would enjoy continued use for non-critical projects). Indeed, antecedent to Palpatine's relief measure, a world in peril, under the current system, had to first petition the Senate, then have their case reviewed by several committees—in a long, and often unsuccessful, approval process—before it could receive relief funding.
Inaugural ceremony Edit
- "I accept this treasury on behalf of the Senate, and thank all the generous worlds that contributed. This is the dawn of a new age. An age where help will arrive when and where it is most needed. Thank you all."
- ―Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, in his inaugural ceremony remarks, accepts the All Planets Relief Fund treasury.
Soon after funding the project, Palpatine presided over an inaugural ceremony in the Bank of the Core Plaza to officially open the new relief fund and celebrate the success of the law that created it. As the All Planets account was funded in crystalline vertex by multiple Senate-member worlds, a vast crowd of beings had assembled at the plaza not only for the ceremony, but also for the grand spectacle of seeing such an awesome concentration of treasure in one place. The Senate Guard, in an end-of-ceremony transfer of funds, escorted the repulsorlift wagon that enthroned the vertex treasury to a Core Bank vault.
Heist attempt Edit
- "Another two minutes and we would have been out of here with the vertex."
"Everything depends on minutes, Val. We live and die on minutes."
- ―Valadon and Roper Slam, leaders of the Slam gang, after being foiled by the Jedi in their attempted heist of the All Planets Relief Fund treasury.
In the final moments of that high-security transfer, however, an attempt to steal the relief fund treasury was made by the leaders of the Slams, a notorious gang, who were disguised as Senate Guards. The attempt was foiled by Jedi Knights Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi and their Padawans Anakin Skywalker and Ferus Olin. Shortly after frustrating the plot, Kenobi realized that the Slams' attempt to steal the treasury was merely a diversion from the real mission, one masterminded and led by galactic criminal Granta Omega: this son of Xanatos, following admirably in his father's footsteps (and with the help of his partner in crime, mad scientist Jenna Zan Arbor), sought the utter destruction of Republic governance and, by association, the power of the Jedi Order, through the mass-assassination of the Supreme Chancellor and thousands of Galactic Senators and their advisors by an army of seeker droids. The Grand Convocation Chamber was the setting of the attack on the Senate Building, which, though not without casualties, was ultimately foiled by the Jedi.
Behind the scenesEdit
The All Planets Relief Fund appeared in the young adult novel Jedi Quest: The False Peace, the ninth volume in the Jedi Quest series written by Jude Watson and released in July 2004. The All Planets Relief Fund was later mentioned in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, published in December 2008.
- Jedi Quest: The False Peace (First appearance)