Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "This fuel source we're after, the isotope-5… sergeant said it could change the course of the war."
"Something better. Before we end up singing 'All Stars Burn as One.'"
- ―An Imperial soldier mentions the Republic anthem while discussing the Galactic War with another Imperial soldier on the planet Makeb
"All Stars Burn as One" was the official anthem of the Galactic Republic and had been composed by the year 3642 BBY. The anthem was generally played as a greeting at diplomatic and military meetings and was used by the Republic until it was reformed into the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY. At some point after the Empire was formed, Imperial Edict 2.33b forbade the playing of "All Stars Burn as One."
- "If it were a ship's transponder, I could fix it, change it, make it sing the Republic anthem."
- ―Tait Ransom
"All Stars Burn as One" was a piece of music that was used as the anthem of the Galactic Republic. The anthem could be sung and had multiple stanzas. The piece was considered to have a martial sound by the Sullustan journalist Den Dhur and was thought to be a stirring piece of music by the Human Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Vippit barrister Doolb Snoil.
- "The Princess re-programmed the PA system to play the Anthem of the Republic (in direct violation of Imperial Edict 2.33b) during assembly."
- ―Madam Nestor explaining one incident that led to Princess Leia Organa's expulsion from the Crevasse City Collegium for Young Ladies in a letter to Senator Bail Organa
The piece of music titled "All Star Burn as One" had been composed by 3642 BBY. During that year, the music was the anthem of the Galactic Republic who was fighting the Galactic War against the Sith Empire. By 22 BBY, at the time of the Clone Wars fought between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, "All Stars Burn as One" was still the anthem of the Republic. While the song excited the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi at one point in his life, the tense political and militaristic situations that permeated the Clone Wars eventually made hearing the song uncomfortable for him. During the war, around the year 22 BBY, Kenobi was sent to the prison planet Ord Cestus to prevent the sale of the Force-sensitive JK-13 security droids, which posed a significant threat to Jedi. Upon his arrival in Ord Cestus's capital, ChikatLik, a band of musician droids greeted the Knight's party with renditions of the Cestian anthem and "All Stars Burn as One." The anthem was also played when a high-ranking officer or visiting dignitary would arrive at a Republic site. In 20 BBY, the anthem was played when Admiral Tarnese Bleyd arrived to inspect Republic Mobile Surgical Unit 7 during a battle on the planet Drongar.
At some point after the Republic became the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY, the Empire passed a law known as Imperial Edict 2.33b that forbade the playing of "All Stars Burn as One." Around the year 12 BBY, Princess Leia Organa of the planet Alderaan tampered with the public address system during an assembly at the Collegium for Young Ladies in Crevasse City, re-programming the device to play the forbidden anthem. The incident was one of several that prompted the Collegium's Board of Directors to expel the girl from the school and return her father's 30,000 credit bond.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Galactic Republic's anthem was first mentioned in "When the Domino Falls," a 1994 short story written by Patricia A. Jackson for West End Games' third issue of the Star Wars Adventure Journal. In 2004, the Republic anthem was given the name, "All Stars Burn as One," when the anthem made its first appearance in The Cestus Deception, a novel written by Steven Barnes. That same year, the anthem was featured, although unnamed, in MedStar I: Battle Surgeons, a novel written by Steve Perry and Michael Reaves. "All Stars Burn as One" was given its own entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia in 2008, and while it has been mentioned in several other sources since then, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel is the only additional source to have referred to the anthem by its title.
In 2011, the BioWare MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic featured a bonus quest series on the planet Balmorra where the player is tasked with changing the music in the Sith Empire-controlled Sunken Sarlacc cantina to something more patriotic. The music that is played when the player completes that part of the quest is the same as the Republic theme from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. While the game mentions that the music is patriotic in relation to the Galactic Republic, it does not state that the music played is the Republic anthem.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only) (as Republic Anthem)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- The Cestus Deception (First appearance)
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (as Republic Anthem)
- "When the Domino Falls"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 (First mentioned) (as Republic anthem)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3/Xbox 360 databank) (Mentioned only) (as Anthem of the Republic)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 While the Republic anthem was mentioned during Star Wars: The Old Republic—Smuggler Mission: "Deals and Double Deals" on Hoth, the Republic anthem during the Galactic War was confirmed to be "All Stars Burn as One" in a conversation between two Imperial soldiers in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel on Makeb. Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. As "Deals and Double Deals" occurred during Act II of the smuggler storyline, "All Stars Burn as One" must have been composed before 3642 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The Cestus Deception
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "When the Domino Falls"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 MedStar I: Battle Surgeons
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Essential Reader's Companion
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3/Xbox 360 databank)
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology establishes that Leia Organa was born in 19 BBY. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3/Xbox 360 databank) states that Princess Leia Organa was seven years old when she was expelled from Crevasse City Collegium for Young Ladies. Therefore she was expelled around the year 12 BBY.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 23 ("All Stars Burn As One")
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "A Clean Sweep" on Balmorra
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic