All Terrain Advance Raider
At least 1
- "Ready for recon."
- ―An AT-AR pilot
The AT-AR had heavier armor than the AT-ST, and was more suitable for frontline combat than lighter bipedal walkers. It was also faster than the scout walker. The AT-AR's "head" was situated closer to its legs, giving it a more hunchbacked look, and it was armed with a single, large blaster cannon.
The view out the cockpit was more extensive than on the AT-ST, and somewhat similar to the view from an AT-PT cockpit, especially notable in the forward heavy blaster cannon. One driver and one commander were seated side-by-side in the cockpit, while the elongated shape of the walker provided more room for cargo than the AT-ST models.
At least one variant of the walker had relatively thin armor and went by the name light AT-ST.
AT-ARs were part of the military assets belonging to an Imperial garrison established on Tatooine, in the spaceport city of Mos Eisley in 0 BBY. Other garrisons also had AT-ARs in their arsenal, such as the ones on Jarnollen and Mandalore. Not long after the Battle of Yavin the walkers were used during the Empire's Reytha campaign. In 3 ABY, AT-ARs formed part of Blizzard Force and participated in the Battle of Hoth. At least one AT-AR fitted with additional weaponry was used by the local Imperial forces on Cilpar shortly after the Battle of Endor.
During the Sith–Imperial War over a hundred years later, the Fel Empire still employed AT-AR walkers. One participated in the Battle of Botajef against the Galactic Alliance-affiliated Mandalorian force.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell (First appearance)
- Star Wars 68: The Search Begins
- Star Wars 69: Death in the City of Bone
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- X-wing Rogue Squadron: The Rebel Opposition
- Star Wars: Legacy 41: Rogue's End
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy (First identified as All Terrain Advance Raider)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 X-wing Rogue Squadron: The Rebel Opposition
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Legacy 41: Rogue's End
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ Star Wars 68: The Search Begins
- ↑ The Empire Strikes Back Sketchbook