|All Terrain Attack Pod|
All Terrain Attack Pod
Not available for sale (likely valued at 150,000 credits)
| Technical specifications
The All Terrain Attack Pod (AT-AP), or Pod Attack Walker (PAW), was a tripedal walker that evolved from the AT-PT and AT-TE walkers towards the end of the Clone Wars. They were used by the 96th Regiment, 327th Star Corps, 91st Reconnaissance Corps, 282nd Regiment, 41st Elite Corps, 76th Regiment, 121st Regiment, 212th Attack Batallion and some others.
The AT-AP (All Terrain Attack Pod) was a highly successful way of transporting heavy artillery from place-to-place. Its main function was to serve as a mobile gun platform used for shelling enemy positions, rather than attacking troops or other vehicles. It featured highly-advanced targeting systems that gave it the nickname "sniper tank." Although it was noted as a two-legged walker, the AT-AP did have a third leg hanging from underneath the fuselage, effectively making it a tripod. This would extend during combat to help stabilize the walker, when overcoming rough terrain and when firing its main gun.
The AT-AP was armed with a mass-driver cannon fixed to the front of the craft, a heavy blaster cannon mounted on a turret, and a medium laser cannon at the bottom of the main fuselage. Behind the main weapon's gunner's saddle was a supply cage filled with tools necessary for repairing any mechanical failure to the walker's articulation assembly.
The Clone WarsEdit
As the Clone Wars raged on, the Galactic Republic's army commanders realized the need to build up and diversify their walker armor. One of the new designs coming out of Republic think-tanks was the AT-AP, a walker utilizing some systems interchangeable with the AT-TE, this is because the main body of the pod is the modified front section of its larger brother. 
Although armored, the AT-AP was too weak to be utilized on its own and gun batteries of this type would usually be accompanied by heavier equipment, such as AT-TEs, Tridents and HAVw A6 Juggernauts, on the battlefield.
 AT-AP artillery was used on a few Outer-Rim systems during the last stages of the clone Wars, under the command of Master Yoda, a great number of these walkers were deployed for the Battle of Kashyyyk, where they helped defend the city of Kachirho alongside the A6 Juggernaut . 
During the Galactic Civil War, some of the Galactic Empire's AT-APs were manufactured by formerly abandoned factories out on the fringe, leading to Rebel forces highjacking lines and getting some of the walkers.
Some AT-APs also fell into the hands of pirates, the Hutt Cartel, and other groups such as the Zann Consortium, leading to skirmishes and outright battles against either Rebels or Imperials. Some were available to buy from Hutt palaces.
Behind the scenesEdit
LEGO has released two versions of the AT-AP Walker with green markings in 2008 and 2014 with set numbers 7671 and 75043 respectively.[source?]
The AT-AP was also the first "Air Support" vehicle to be available in 2011's Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars video game.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic: The Hidden Enemy
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost 2
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars(Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 4
- "Mini Magic!"—Star Wars Insider 130 (Picture only)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Set: 75043 AT-AP)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations, p. 112
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- ↑ The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide