- "We need those walkers for our assault!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
The All Terrain Experimental Transport (AT-XT) was an experimental armored assault walker used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. It was a predecessor to the AT-RT and AT-ST, the latter of which was used extensively by the Galactic Empire.
Also, as a defensive measure, some units were equipped with a plasma shield capable of absorbing enemy fire for a short period of time. In spite of its reasonably slow max speed of seventy-five kilometers per hour, which was only fifteen kilometers per hour faster than the AT-TE, and five kilometers per hour faster than the normal speed of the AT-RT, it was capable of demolishing entire columns of enemies. 
The Dark Reaper CrisisEdit
Although it was a highly effective combat vehicle, the AT-XT was never mass-produced as its designers were constantly improving its design and combat capabilities. Even though it didn't see as much combat as the AT-TE or the AT-RT, the design of the AT-XT would prove to be valuable to Imperial designers as an inspiration for the AT-ST walker that would be used extensively throughout the Galactic Civil War.
In addition to its design-legacy, various AT-XT models were retained in use by the Galactic Empire, mostly for research and development purposes. Due to the fact that the AT-ST wasn't as good as a front-line combat vehicle as the AT-XT, the latter was still used in combat. Even Rebellion forces eventually acquired the vehicles and used them in multiple sieges, challenging any garrisoned AT-STs present.
- Star Wars: Battlefront (cut content)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars game (First appearance)
- Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:7:02
- Star Wars: Republic: The Battle of Jabiim
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- "Ask the Master"—Star Wars Insider 78
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit