The Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing starfighter, also known as the Alpha-3 Nimbus or V-wing starfighter, was a starfighter model manufactured by Kuat Systems Engineering. They were first deployed by the Galactic Republic in the final days of the Clone Wars—serving in the Battle of Coruscant against the Confederacy of Independent Systems—and continued to see use under the Galactic Empire. V-wings were also utilized as escort fighters for Darth Sidious's personal Theta-class T-2c shuttle. In the following years, V-wings were gradually replaced by TIE/ln space superiority starfighters. The Alpha-3 Nimbus was little more than a single pilot fuselage pod sitting on vertically stacked ion engines flanked by deployable, heat radiating, stability foils. The V-wing was designed for speed and agility, at the expense of a reliable life support system or hyperdrive. The pilot instead relied on a sealed flight suit in case of ejection.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Lords of the Sith
- "Mercy Mission"—The Rise of the Empire
- A New Hero (Picture only)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as V-wing starfighter)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Alpha-3 Nimbus)
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One