The Amban phase-pulse blaster was a type of handheld blaster technology. The weapon had a stock at its base and a grip near its forked end. The Amban phase-pulse blaster could be used at a medium range, and it was capable of fighting off large creatures.
- "You saved my life. Thank you."
- ―Luke Skywalker, to Boba Fett
In the year 1 ABY, the bounty hunter Boba Fett wielded one such weapon. While on the mud-moon of Panna Prime, Fett witnessed the young rebel Luke Skywalker come under attack by a Panna dragon, which began to devour the pilot's BTL-S3 Y-wing starfighter. Skywalker's blaster pistol had no effect on the beast, so Fett intervened. From the back of a Paar's ichthyodont, the bounty hunter fired his Amban phase-pulse blaster at the dragon, and it retreated. After the incident, Skywalker thanked Fett for saving his life.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Amban phase-pulse blaster first appeared in "The Story of the Faithful Wookiee," an animated segment of 1978's The Star Wars Holiday Special, and it was named in the production's Boba Fett character key.
The design of the Amban phase-pulse blaster was repurposed for Chop'aa Notimo's electrostaff in the 2008 video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. A weapon similar in appearance to the Amban phase-pulse blaster will appear in the upcoming canon live-action television series The Mandalorian.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "The Story of the Faithful Wookiee"—The Star Wars Holiday Special
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 BOBA FETT Character Key. Rebelscum.com Forums. rebelscum.com. Archived from the original on October 6, 2018. Retrieved on October 6, 2018.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game
- ↑ The Mandalorian. Jon Favreau (October 13, 2018). Retrieved on October 13, 2018.
- BOBA FETT Character Key. Rebelscum.com Forums. rebelscum.com. Archived from the original on October 6, 2018. Retrieved on October 6, 2018. (First identified as Amban phase-pulse blaster)