At some point before the end of the Great Hyperspace War, a Sith obelisk was constructed on the Inner Rim world of Ambria. Located in the north central regions of the planet, the obelisk was created and imbued with the power of the dark side by a Sith sorceress. A black-colored spike-shaped structure, the obelisk took hundreds of years to build at the behest of the sorceress, who depleted much of Ambria's natural resources and enslaved the planet's native inhabitants. Upon completing the obelisk, the sorceress conducted a complicated Sith ritual, harnessing an immense amount of dark side energy in an attempt to bind the entire world to her will. The sorceress was killed, however, after she lost control of the power that was unleashed upon Ambria, destroying all living beings on the planet and infusing what remained with the dark side.
- Tales of the Jedi Companion (First mentioned)
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 26 ("Ambria")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 According to Tales of the Jedi Companion, the dark side energies of the sorceress (caused after the completion of the obelisk) were present at the end of the Great Hyperspace War (dated 5000 BBY per The Essential Atlas).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Tales of the Jedi Companion
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 26 ("Ambria")
- ↑ Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil