Reptavians, or repto-avians, was a classification for creatures that exhibited the characteristics of both reptilian and avian creatures. Sometimes this simply meant a flying reptile. The Bogwing and Accipiptero of Dagobah were two classic examples of reptavians, with the scaly skin and cold-blooded metabolism of reptiles but the ability to fly like birds. This was not the firm definition, however—many reptavians also possessed feathers covering a layer of scales, beaks, or a nearly complete avian body with cold-blooded metabolism.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (DAG11, Dagobah Swamp Creatures)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.46