|Chronological and political information|
Ameesa Darys was a female Human Jedi Knight serving the Jedi Order and Galactic Republic in the years leading up to the Clone Wars. The former Padawan of Jedi Master Jerec, she followed his lead in joining the Galactic Empire following the dissolution of the Republic and the Jedi Order.
After being identified as Force-sensitive at an early age, Ameesa Darys was taken to the Coruscant Jedi Temple and inducted into the academy housed within. After years of training, Darys graduated and was selected as a Padawan by Jedi Knight Jerec. The two traveled the galaxy together on missions for many years before she was ready to take her Trials of Knighthood; which she passed. Made a Jedi Knight herself, Darys continued to study independently of her master, taking on the role of General within the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.
At the end of the Clone Wars, Darys managed to escape Order 66, the Contingency Order used to wipe out the Jedi Order by Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious. Instead of fleeing from the newly formed and Sith controlled Galactic Empire, Darys followed in her former master's footsteps and joined the Empire, disavowing her Jedi heritage and falling to the dark side of the Force. Becoming a member of the Imperial Inquisitorius, Inquisitor Darys hunted down her brother and sister Jedi per the Emperor's orders. While making a sweep over Belsavis during the hunt for Jedi Master Plett, Darys' agents captured the young Lagan and Roganda Ismaren after the siblings had evacuated the planet with the so-called Children of the Jedi. When they were brought before Darys, the ruthless Inquisitor ignited her lightsaber in Lagan's heart and let him die before his sister's eyes. Playing on this, Darys was able to turn the horrified Roganda Ismaren to the dark side.
Later, Inquisitor Darys joined Grand Inquisitor Torbin and Inquisitor Antinnis Tremayne in the hunt for the recently discovered Arden Lyn, an ancient threat reawakened from a millennia long slumber. When the team tracked Lyn down, the powerful Force-wielder seriously injured Tremayne and killed Darys before Torbin was able to remove Lyn's right arm with his lightsaber and disarm her.
Behind the scenesEdit
Though created in Abel G. Peña's debut article "The Emperor's Pawns," Peña, did not create the character's name; it originated in editing, apparently in reference to the name of comedian Amy Sedaris. Originally, Peña thought Darys to be a male, but he later changed his mind for later articles in order for the character to better serve as a counterpart to Jerec's master, Jocasta Nu.
- The Emperor's Pawns"—Star Wars Gamer 5 (First mentioned) "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 172 ("Darys, Ameesa")
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 The Emperor's Pawns"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Emperor's Pawns article (was: Gamer #5 stuff @ TOS!!!) on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by Halagad Ventor on 3/30/07 2:45pm; accessed November 17, 2013)
- ↑ Daily Hyperspace SW Comic Strip Adventures Discussion-"Rookies" & "Evasive Action: End Game" on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by Pabawan on 3/8/2006 8:56pm; accessed November 17, 2013)