10 billion to 100 billion
Ammuud was first colonized approximately 10,000 BBY by settlers from Thokos, and each of the seven original colony ships formed the basis of Ammuud's seven clans; the House Glayyd, Reesbon clan, Tikeris clan, Owphrin clan, Melchett clan, Almowri clan, and the Odoon clan. Appointing matriarchs called the Mors the government grew corrupt over time. An independent state for several centuries, developed without any contact with the Galactic Republic, a multi-planetary government forming in the Core Worlds of the galaxy. Forgotten by their homeworld, and the clans evolved into quarreling nation-states, continually testing each other in an endless series of savage battles. Circa 100 BBY, the clans called a truce, and formed the Code of Ammuud to govern their future conduct.
The people of Ammuud eventually constructed a large, main spaceport within a well-defended structure adjacent to a snow-capped mountain range. People of all types inhabited the surrounding city, which was composed of wood and stone buildings, slums, and open gutters. The Republic eventually made contact with the world following the blazing of the Hydian Way, when they reached Bonadan. Joining the massive government, the area of space was organized into the Corporate Sector in 490 BBY to free the Republic's lawmakers and the corporate moneymakers from their differences.
During one of his early adventures, smuggler Han Solo visited the mountain stronghold of the Mor Glayyd to collect money due him, and encountered the infamous gunman Gallandro. In 10 ABY, the New Republic, reeling from the destruction of their command base on Nespis VIII, scattered its command ships and fighter units across the galaxy. One of them, the fleet transport Vindicator carrying Luke Skywalker and his Jedi trainees, was stationed out beyond the planet Ammuud, providing cover from the Imperial Remnant.
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception (Mentioned only)
- Han Solo's Revenge (First appearance)
- Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- The Essential Reader's Companion