|"An Old Friend"|
- "To love, is to trust. To trust is to believe."
"An Old Friend" is an episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series that was scheduled to air in the series' fifth season, though it was removed from airing with Season Five. It premiered on the German TV network Super RTL on February 22, 2014 with other sixth season episodes. It was made available in the United States and Canada via Netflix on March 7, 2014.
"While on Scipio to fund a mercy mission, Padmé Amidala is called upon by an old friend, Rush Clovis, to help uncover corruption in the Banking Clan. They must evade the bounty hunter Embo to escape the planet with the incriminating information."
- Catherine Taber as Padmé Amidala
- Robin Atkin Downes as Rush Clovis and Muun
- Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker
- Phil LaMarr as Clu Lesser
- Stephen Stanton as Mak Plain
- Ian Abercrombie as Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
- Corey Burton as Nix Card and Muun Guard
- Anna Graves as Teckla Minnau
- Dave Filoni as Embo
- Tom Kane as the narrator
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Following the original airing order from Star Wars Insider 134, "An Old Friend" was to be the fifth episode of Season Five, but this was later revised to "The Gathering" with an update to Cartoon Network's online schedule. Along with the episodes "The Rise of Clovis" and "Crisis at the Heart," "An Old Friend" was pushed back later in the broadcast order. It did not air in Season Five as originally scheduled.
According to Series Writer Brent Friedman, the story arc that "An Old Friend" is a part of initially included the episode "A Friend in Need," but the arc was later split between seasons, with "A Friend in Need" being released with the series' fourth season.
According to the official Databank, Padmé Amidala's handmaiden Teckla Minnau survived the Clone Wars and went on to marry a writer while serving as handmaiden to Queen Kylantha. However, "An Old Friend" ignored this previous continuity and depicted Minnau's death on Scipio.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 148
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars Staffel 6 Episodenguide. Fernsehserien.de. Retrieved on February 13, 2014.
- ↑ "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 134
- ↑ "100 and Counting"—Star Wars Insider 139
- ↑ Rebels Report #2: Behind the Scenes with Brent Friedman. Rebels Report (2013-11-22). Retrieved on November 23, 2013. “[starting around 27:39] In the early days of The Clone Wars, if you remember, there were—sometimes you'd get a two-episode arc, and then the next season there'd be the prequel to that arc. So I think that Clovis arc was actually part of a four-episode arc, but it was broken up into pieces. There was like that one standalone episode that was the standalone episode in Season Five? If I remember correctly. The one… it's set in the snow? With Ahsoka and Lux.”