These series of starfighters were each painted gray and yellow, like his later Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor, and were armed with four laser cannons and an unknown complement of missiles. His droid, R2-D2, could fit in a socket located just fore of the cockpit of each fighter. Skywalker's fighter also had a tow cable.
Later, Anakin once again flew the fighter alongside Obi-Wan's as they led Ghost Squadron during the Battle of Nexus Ortai. However, after both sides sustained heavy casualties, the Republic withdrew when the Separatists brought reinforcements out of hyperspace.
During the Battle of Bothawui, the interceptor was severely damaged and R2-D2 went missing, believed to be destroyed. Artoo, however, was salvaged by the Trandoshan captain of the Vulture's Claw, Gha Nachkt. Nachkt discovered the military secrets inside the astromech, and planned to sell him to the Separatists.
The fighter was later recovered and piloted by Anakin with a new astromech droid, R3-S6. Anakin used the ship during the mission to uncover the location of the Separatist listening post, and during the ensuing raid on Skytop Station, he recovered Artoo as the station was breaking apart.
Later, Anakin intentionally damaged the ship and used it along with the Twilight and a hyperdrive ring as a ploy to get aboard Count Dooku's frigate, with the intent to capture Dooku. However, his mission proved unsuccessful.
- "Where's your starfighter?"
"That thing ate it!"
- ―Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker
Although surviving more than one precarious wreck, the fighter met its demise in the aftermath of the Battle of Malastare, when Skywalker flew into the hole of the last remaining Zillo Beast. Anakin tried to out-maneuver the beast, but his Delta-7B was struck by the creature and the vessel crashed into the rocky terrain. Skywalker escaped by riding on his astromech, R2-D2, using the droid's thrusters to leave the wrecked Delta-7B behind to be crushed by the beast.
Despite its destruction on Malastare, the fighter appeared once again when Skywalker used the fighter to find an escape pod containing a group of clone cadets that had been forced to evacuate the Venator-class Star Destroyer Endurance. It was later destroyed when R2-D2 was forced to use the fighter to destroy a gundark on Vanqor. Later, Skywalker rebuilt the fighter, and used it to shoot down Ventress's personal shuttle along with Obi-Wan's Delta-7B.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- The Clone Wars: Shipyards of Doom
- The Clone Wars: The Wind Raiders of Taloraan
- The Clone Wars: Bait
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Starfighter"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- The Clone Wars: The Starcrusher Trap
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"