26 standard hours
342 local days
Temperate and humid
Military administration (Imperial)
Ando developed a single sentient species known as the Aqualish early in galactic history. Originating from the sea which covered 95 percent of the world, they began to establish permanent settlements on what little land remained and supplemented it with sailing ships that doubled as mobile homes. The majority of the world's islands were sustained by a decaying swamp ecosystem and covered in steamy mist.
The Aqualish evolved into three races which were constantly at war with each other: the Aquala, the baseline race of the oceans, the Quara of the wetlands, and the Ualaq of the caves and dark rain forests. Each race believed they were the dominant branch, leading to the Aqualish Civil War. Beginning with allegations leveled by the Aquala that the other two races caused a decline in the harvests of fish, the war ultimately ended in a treaty which saw the unification of all three races. After the war ended, a group of Human settlers stumbled upon the world and were killed by the startled and aggressive Aqualish. Confiscating the ship which brought the supposed invaders to the world, the Aqualish extrapolated the secrets of space travel from the exploratory craft and set forth on a campaign of conquest to the neighboring world of Andando. Not long after the landing, Andando was left a smoldering ruin, rendered inhospitable by the barbarous Aqualish.
Discovered by the Galactic Republic during the Great Manifest Period, envoys attempted to make contact with the inhabitants of Ando and were rebuked with hostile fire. This quickly led to the Aqualish-Republic War that, while bloody, quickly ended in the defeat of the Aqualish. Defeated, Ando joined the Republic in 15,000 BBY, the beginning of the Kymoodon Era. During the Great Sith War, Ando was attacked an conquered by the Sith empire as part of the Krath Holy Crusade. While the Empire was defeated and Ando returned to the Republic, it was claimed by the Brotherhood of Darkness during the New Sith Wars. Following the Ruusan Reformation, Ando returned to the Republic again. In 102 BBY, the Aqualish colonized Andosha II and the other Andoan Free Colonies; an event concurrent with the Ando separation. Due to the constant violence erupting across the world however, the Republic dispatched the Ando Demilitarization Observation Group to ensure the de-escalation of violence; Master Jorus C'baoth of the Jedi Order served as one of the group's primary observers.
Represented in the Galactic Senate by Po Nudo before the Separatist Crisis, the world seceded in 23 BBY along with Sy Myrth, a move contested by the Andoan Free Colonies, which retained representation in the Senate under Gorothin Vagger. Under the leadership of Ualaq Senator Po Nudo and First Minister Daragi Hoba, Ando touched off a string of secessionist worlds that would later form the Confederacy of Independent Systems in 22 BBY. Nudo became a prominent Separatist leader and a member of the Separatist Council. As the war spread across the galaxy, a civil war broke out across the world between both Nudo and Vagger's factions. Assisted by the Grand Army of the Republic and Jedi Master Shaak Ti, the battle ended in a Separatist victory.
- "As we say on Mon Calamari, swim where you want, but excrete in your own pool. The Empire's been excreting into the Aqualish pool for years, and if my guess is right, they might have a revolt on their hands soon."
After the rise of the Galactic Empire, former Separatist worlds suffered heavily from intense Imperial scrutiny. Appointing an Aquala Senator to replace the recently murdered Nudo, the Senator served until the disbanding of the Imperial Senate in 0 BBY. Establishing an Imperial garrison on the world, the Imperials ravaged the worlds natural resources, using them to further the Empire's war machine. Following the death of Emperor Palpatine, Ando joined the New Republic only to fall into the sight of one of Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo's feint attacks in preparation for his attack on Ukio. Sending the Bellicose in 9 ABY, the world was taken by the Empire.
Yuuzhan Vong WarEdit
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Ando was attacked by the invaders but was issued an ultimatum: surrender a member of the Jedi Order and destroy all droids on the planet and the Yuuzhan Vong would leave in peace. The Aqualish quickly turned on visiting Jedi Knight Dorsk 82, but this was ignored by Warmaster Tsavong Lah and an invasion and occupation of their planet ensued, enslaving the race to the foreign invaders. After the war's end, the Yuuzhan Vong abandoned the planet, thus freeing the Aqualish from occupation.
Behind the scenesEdit
The PC game Star Wars: Rebellion mistakenly places Ando in the Fakir sector of the Galactic Core. The Fakir Sector is actually located in the Inner Rim. Moreover, Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide includes an appendix of all sectors and planets appearing in the game, but where the planet Ando would otherwise be included, the strategy guide strangely refers to the planet "Abdrim" instead of Ando, which is not a planet that appears in the game.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 45 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 45 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mentioned only) —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 49 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mentioned only) —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 50 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 54 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mentioned only) —
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:3:22"—Star Wars Insider 66 (Mentioned only)
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:4:12 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 67
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:08 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 69 (Mentioned only)
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:3:29"—Star Wars Insider 76 (Mentioned only)
- Decision: Almas (Mentioned only)
- The Clone Wars: No Prisoners (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: A New Threat (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Death: The Tale of Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba
- (Mentioned only)
- Operation: Elrood (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- The Mandalorian Armor (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising (First mentioned)
- The Last Command (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Recovery (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Goroth: Slave of the Empire
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Alien Anthology
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 19 (MID4, Planets of the Mid Rim)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Po Nudo)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- ↑ HoloNet News Vol. 531 45 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- ↑ Creatures of the Galaxy
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 HoloNet News Vol. 531 49 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- ↑ HoloNet News Vol. 531 47 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- ↑ "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:3:22"—Star Wars Insider 66