- "Most people have forgotten that 'droid' is short for 'android,' meaning manlike."
- ―Lando Calrissian
The word droid was an abbreviation of the word android, but nevertheless, androids were categorized differently from droids. For instance, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Mon Julpa, who was disguised as an android, were referred to as "two droids and one android". However, it should be noted that C-series protocol droids were also designed to be humanoid in appearance, so C-3PO himself would also qualify as an android.
- Star Wars Droids
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- "Lucky Stars"—Star Wars Tales 15
- Shadows of the Empire
- Shadows of the Empire: Evolution