Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anii Degarienne was a female Human and the wife of Matt Turhaya, son of the Corellian Clone Wars hero Arada Turhaya. Degarienne encouraged Turhaya to follow his dreams of serving in the Imperial Navy; Turhaya attended the Imperial Naval Academy and graduated at the top of his class. A few weeks after his graduation, Degarienne was killed in a freak accident at the weapons manufacturing plant she worked at. Turhaya took their daughter, Alexandra, to live with relatives on Janara III while he served the Galactic Empire. Turhaya quickly became disillusioned with the Empire, and despised its methods and actions, eventually deserting from the service. He made his way to Janara III a year later, only to find that the planet had been raided by Imperial forces commanded by High Inquisitor Adalric Cessius Brandl. Turhaya found no survivors of the raid, and believed Alexandra killed. She had survived, however, and was taken to the planet Garos IV, where she was fostered with the planet's Imperial governor, Tork Winger and his wife, Sali. Alexandra held some memories of her mother, although she believed her name was "Ana."
Behind the scenesEdit
Author Charlene Newcomb expanded the story of Anii Degarienne of her website. Anii Degarienne and Matt Turhaya met on Corellia when they were 18 years old. Anii's accident took place on Carida six weeks before Matt's graduation. It was in fact a murder committed by the Empire because she was the daughter of a Jedi Knight named Lexi Degarienne. Degarienne was not actually his true last name. The Jedi was eventually discovered by Darth Vader’s Jedi extermination group on Janara III. The Imperial raid on Janara III was a premeditated attack to kill Lexi Degarienne and it was successful.
- "Passages"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- "A Glimmer of Hope"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (First mentioned) (As "Ana")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Essential Reader's Companion dates A Glimmer of Hope to the year 6 ABY; Alexandra Winger is stated to be eighteen years old during the story, and is mentioned to have been six years old when the Raid on Janara III occurred, indicating a date of 6 BBY for the event. Anii Degarienne to said to have been killed a year prior to the raid in Passages.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 "Passages"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- ↑ "Betrayal by Knight"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12
- ↑ "Turning Point"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- ↑ "A Glimmer of Hope"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- ↑ alex’s parents on The Alex Winger Page