Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Animal bond, also referred to as Animal friendship, Beast Control or Beast Trick, was the Force ability to control an animal. Once calmed, the animal could be used by the Force user in various ways, including as a mount or guard beast.
Darth Bane used this power when searching for a lost tomb, using it to subdue the will of an attacking bull rancor. The Twi'lek Jedi Tott Doneeta also used this ability to befriend a vicious boma in his quest to find Princess Galia on the planet Onderon. He rode the creature into the Beast Riders' base before he, Ulic Qel-Droma, and his brother Cay Qel-Droma learned the truth about Queen Amanoa. Kreia taught this power to the Jedi Exile when they were both stranded on Dxun as a means to make their journey through the jungles easier.
Qui-Gon Jinn managed to influence a draigon so that he could come to the rescue of his would-be Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and later a kudana while escaping a stampede. Anakin Skywalker used this power to calm a reek in the Petranaki arena on the planet Geonosis during a gladiatorial match. Valin Draco may have used this power to stop a k'kayeh dragon from devouring him beneath the Almas Academy. Obi-Wan Kenobi also used this power to tame, control, and lead a group of starved, vicious, and angry gutkurrs on Ryloth.
Shaak Ti and her last Padawan, Maris Brood, used this power in their duels against Galen Marek. During these battles, Shaak Ti controlled the Felucian Ancient Abyss, which was itself a massive sarlacc, while Maris controlled a bull rancor. The Felucians themselves controlled several other dangerous creatures on Felucia, including rancors, although it is unknown whether this control stemmed from their natural connection to the Force or if it was due to basic domestication of these beasts, as was the case with the Nightsisters of Dathomir.
Jacen Solo frequently used this power on various animals on Yavin 4 during his time at the Jedi Praxeum. In 43 ABY during a riot at the Coruscant Livestock Exchange and Exhibition, Jaina Solo used this power to bend a large number of animals to her will. In 44 ABY Luke Skywalker also used this ability to calm seabirds after his descend to cave on Pydyr when hunting for Abeloth. Sith Saber Gavar Khai used this ability to calm his daughter's uvak Tikk before killing him.
Darth Talon may have used a variant to control wild animals on Vendaxa. Cade Skywalker used this power to get a clawbird to fly him to Deliah Blue's location after she had been captured by Darth Maladi.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void (Appears in flashback(s))
- Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Lost Tribe of the Sith—Spiral 2
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force
- Jedi Apprentice: The Shattered Peace
- Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- Rogue Planet
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- "Graduation Day"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 10
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: Republic: Hidden Enemy
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Dark Times—Out of the Wilderness 4
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees"
- Children of the Jedi
- The Crystal Star
- Jedi Search
- Assault at Selonia
- Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
- Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege
- Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
- Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell
- Young Jedi Knights: Trouble on Cloud City
- Young Jedi Knights: Crisis at Crystal Reef
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies (Indirect mention only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- "Good Hunting"—Star Wars Insider 142
- Star Wars: Legacy: Broken
- Legacy 33: Fight Another Day, Part 2
- Legacy 44: Monster, Part 2
- Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 3"—Star Wars Insider 28 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised (as Beast control)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Revised Core Rulebook (as Animal friendship)
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide (as Beast trick)
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook (First identified as as Animal Bond)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jedi
- ↑ Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- ↑ Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Tales of the Jedi 2: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 2
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1
- ↑ Legacy 33: Fight Another Day, Part 2
- ↑ Millennium Falcon
- ↑ The Crystal Star
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Fate of the Jedi: Omen
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (comic)
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- ↑ Jedi Apprentice: The Shattered Peace
- ↑ Echoes of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game
- ↑ Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy: Broken
- ↑ Legacy 44: Monster, Part 2