Animal Friendship, also referred to as Beast Control or Beast Trick, was the Force ability to control an animal. Once calmed, the animal could be used by the Force user in various ways, including as a mount or guard beast.
Darth Bane used this power when searching for a lost tomb, using it to subdue the will of an attacking bull rancor. The Twi'lek Jedi Tott Doneeta also used this ability to befriend a vicious boma in his quest to find Princess Galia on the planet Onderon. He rode the creature into the Beast Riders' base before he, Ulic Qel-Droma, and his brother Cay Qel-Droma learned the truth about Queen Amanoa. Kreia taught this power to the Jedi Exile when they were both stranded on Dxun as a means to make their journey through the jungles easier.
Anakin Skywalker used this power to calm a reek in the Petranaki arena on the planet Geonosis during a gladiatorial match. Valin Draco may have used this power to stop a K'kayeh dragon from devouring him beneath the Almas Academy. Obi-Wan Kenobi also used this power to tame, control, and lead a group of starved, vicious, and angry gutkurrs on Ryloth.
Shaak Ti and her last padawan, Maris Brood, used this power in their duels against Galen Marek. During these battles Shaak Ti controlled the Felucian Ancient Abyss, which was itself a massive sarlacc, while Maris controlled a bull rancor. The Felucians themselves controlled several other dangerous creatures on Felucia, including rancors, although it is unknown whether this control stemmed from their natural connection to the Force or if it was due to basic domestication of these beasts, as was the case with the Nightsisters of Dathomir.
Jacen Solo frequently used this power on various animals on Yavin 4 during his time at the Jedi Praxeum.[source?] In 43 ABY during a riot at the Coruscant Livestock Exchange and Exhibition, Jaina Solo used this power to bend a large number of animals to her will. In 44 ABY Luke Skywalker also used this ability to calm seabirds after his descend to cave on Pydyr when hunting for Abeloth. Sith Saber Gavar Khai used this ability to calm Vestara Khai's uvak Tikk before killing him.
Darth Talon may have used a variant to control wild animals on Vendaxa. Cade Skywalker used this power to get a clawbird to fly him to Deliah Blue's location after she had been captured by Darth Maladi.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void (Appears in flashback(s))
- Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith 2: Spiral, Part 2
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force
- Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- Rogue Planet
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: Republic: The Hidden Enemy
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Dark Times 21: Out of the Wilderness, Part 4
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees" (Possible appearance)
- Children of the Jedi
- The Crystal Star
- Assault at Selonia
- Young Jedi Knights
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- Star by Star
- Destiny's Way
- Force Heretic III: Reunion
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Allies (Indirect mention only)
- "Good Hunting"—Star Wars Insider 142
- Star Wars: Legacy: Broken
- Star Wars: Legacy 33: Fight Another Day, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 44: Monster, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised (as Beast Control)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Revised Core Rulebook
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide (as Beast trick)
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ Star Wars: Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jedi
- ↑ Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- ↑ Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Tales of the Jedi 2: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon, Part 2
- ↑ Outcast
- ↑ Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Ascension
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars: Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 33: Fight Another Day, Part 2
- ↑ Millennium Falcon
- ↑ The Crystal Star
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Omen (novel)
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Vortex
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (comic)
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- ↑ Echoes of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (video game)
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy: Broken
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 44: Monster, Part 2