|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The Ankarres Sapphire, also known as the Antares crystal, was a crystal that possessed legendary healing powers and numerous other effects. It was one of the most potent crystals that could be used in lightsaber creation. It was also a crystal of great power and could aid a Jedi in battle.
Legend has it that this sapphire could only be wielded by light-siders. If the crystal or saber was to be touched by someone dark, it would slowly heat up and burn their hand. Supposedly, this effect could apparently be reversed if it fell into the wrong hands.
The crystal may have been found by Meetra Surik at some point in 3,951 BBY. It was also held on board the Kuari Princess by Dom Pricina until the jewel was stolen by 4-LOM sometime before the Battle of Yavin. The droid pawned the sapphire on Darlyn Boda, but when it did not sell, 4-LOM brought it back to his partner, Zuckuss. He then attempted to use the Ankarres Sapphire to heal both the Gand and Samoc Farr.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Of Possible Futures: The Tale of Zuckuss and 4-LOM (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- How the Other Half Hunts"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 48 (BOU9, Bounty Hunters - 4-LOM) (as "Antares sapphire")
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 (HEA1, Healing and Healers) (as "Antares crystal")
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 56 (Lethal Machines: Killer Droids) (As Antares sapphire)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual