| Chronological and political information
After the Jedi Rebellion, the young Annikin and his brother Deak Starkiller settled on the Fourth Moon of Utapau with their father Kane Starkiller. Annikin, despite his relative youth, had taken part in the Kessilian civil wars and led a Hubble expedition to the Cone systems. He wore his hair in a distinctive Kessilian hair knot.
Behind the scenesEdit
Annikin Starkiller was the proposed name for the lead character in the what would become Episode IV and appeared in the rough draft. He would have played a similar role as Luke Skywalker in A New Hope, although in his cockiness and brashness he also resembles Han Solo. He became the source of Luke's father's name, Anakin, in the third and later drafts.
In the first draft, Annikin was renamed "Justin Valor." This name was dropped in later drafts. While there was no one named Annikin or Anakin in the second draft, the name reappeared in the third and earliest versions of the fourth draft. During the filming of Episode IV Luke's surname was changed from Starkiller to Skywalker, his Jedi byname in the second draft.
- The Star Wars (First appearance)
- The Star Wars: Rough Draft
- The Star Wars: First Draft (As Justin Valor)
- The Star Wars: From The Adventures of Luke Starkiller (As Anakin Starkiller) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film
- Starkiller - The Jedi Bendu Script Site
- The Development of Star Wars: As Seen Through the Scripts by George Lucas