The Ansata were from the Ansata system located in the Core Worlds. They had particular symbols indicating devotion to knowledge and learning. Jocasta Nu, a Jedi Master and Jedi archivist for the Jedi Order, wore robes with traditional Ansata patterns, and Ansata hair sticks, indicating her personal devotion to these qualities. Atris was known to wear similar symbols on her robes.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Ansata were first mentioned in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary, published in 2002. They later received mentions in The Official Star Wars Fact File 41 and the Star Wars Databank, and The Essential Atlas created the Ansata system. Within these sources, it is unclear whether the Ansata are a culture or species; consequently, this article treats them as a generic organization.
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 41 (JOC1, Madame Jocasta Nu)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia (Under Jocasta Nu)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Atris has similar pattern on her robes, as seen here; however, these are not explicitly identified as being Ansata. Similar to Jocasta Nu, Atris also served as Jedi Historian.